Tuesday, January 09, 2007


Ok, the review of Cinta:

Reach just in time for Cinta. Only 7 of us in the theater. The songs in the movie are all my favorite songs, so I already fell in love with the movie. IT IS called Cinta, right?!!

Anyway, the movie revolves around 5 love stories, all different stories but the director weave the stories so beautifully like a mat. Dato Rahim Razali and Fatimah Abu Bakar were superb.They don't have much dialog but their face expressions tell all. The most memorable dialog was from Dato : Isteri bukan hak milik tapi anugerah. Bukan senang nak cari orang yang boleh menerima buruk dan baik orang lain. That was beatiful.

Cinta antara Cikgu Elyas and Rubiah. Cinta yang tidak mengenal usia.Despite Cikgu Elyas's illness, Rubiah accept him as he is. This is the ultimate love between two beings.

In retrospect, when two people agrees to get married is to agree to accept each others' kelebihan and kekurangan. But it is not always that easy. How I wish Amir tengok this movie. May be we could learn something from Cikgu Elyas and Rubiah.

Cinta antara Azlan & Azura. Cinta yang tak mengenal kedudukan and pangkat. Cinta itu buta. When you are least expected to fall in love, you CAN fall in love.

These two characters did not impressed me that much. I can't understand what was wrong with Azlan. He is just a publisher, owner of a magazine. Nothing glamour about him. But if the movie shows the glamour life that he leads, probably it make sense a little bit. His character needs more. Fansha Sanda was ok.

Cinta antara Dyan & Dhani. This is the ultimate love between siblings. Dyan is trapped in love triangle with somebody's else husband. Dhani, a street painter who refuses to let his sister to help him. Most memorable dialog from Dhani - Sampai bila kakak nak bercinta dengan suami orang.

What can I say about Dyan & Dhani?!! Menyelami perasaan Dyan yang tersepit dengan cintanya makes me pity her. She becomes a slave to her love, accepting what comes. But her true love is to her brother. Menggadai nyawa for his brother.

Cinta antara Harris & Airin - Airin has everything, a romantic husband who adores her, loves her to death, beautiful daugther, perfect life that every women dreams of. But she walk out of that perfect life to be with her true love.

Sometimes, letting go someone that we really love is the best way of showing that we love them. That is exactly what Harris did.

Cinta antara Adriana & Taufiq - the theme of this love is to find true love.

For somebody lurus bendul like Taufiq - he deserves a lot better girl but as I said earlier Cinta itu Buta. If that is your true love, probably that is the best for you to accept it. There's no perfection in this world.Sharifah Armani was ok, I just feel a little bit weird when she hugs men (Khalif & Taufiq) in front of other people and not get frowned from other people. Ade ke orang buat macam tu?!!

As for me, I cried for most of the love stories in this movie (except for couple Azlan/Azura and Adriana/Taufiq. I have been warned to bring a lot of tissue which I did. I brought the whole package of tissue but only use 1 piece. I just let my tears flow!!!...

For a Malay movie, Cinta is a different type of Malay movie. It was beatiful movie. The way the story line is presented is different style. You can see some the characters in a same scene but not exactly berlakon with each other.

Out of 5 stars - I am giving Cinta a 4. If they can brush up a little bit kisah Cinta Azlan/Azura & Adriana/Taufiq - I might give another star to make it a perfect 5!!

0 comments: