Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another day of recovering. I havent taken anything to speed the healing process. Some poeple would take Air Gamat, Jeli Gamat, TF or ikan haruan ke. I am not at all. Concerned gak but what to do, Amir pun tak tanya apa-apa, and I pun tak mintak apa-apa. But finally, I did ask Amir to look for Jeli Gamat. I was actually to get the TF but I just dont have the time to go to Amcorp Mall to get it. It was so hectic the day I was supposed to be warded. Repair the car's aircon which cost me RM1100 (my money earned through the ESOS!), groceries to feed more than 10 people (all will be here at my home!), not to forget the last minute thing I need to do for the office before the long medical leave.

Today, the swollen has improved a bit though it is still feel sore and tight below the chin.

I guess may be some of you are wondering why I have to remove my thyroid. Here's the chain of event that led to the removal of my poor thyroid:

June 2008 - detected a lump on my right side of the neck. Ultrasound was done. There's a cyst on the right lobe of the thyroid. Through the ultra sound, it was clear that my thyroid was enlarged. No traces of hyperthyroidism. My hormon was normal.

Nov 2008 - Take another ultra sound, no much changes to the thyroid. The cyst on the right lobe dissappeared but the left one seems to enlarge even bigger. Dato Dr Shah of SMC (KPJ SSH) wanted me to decide whether to remove it or not. Nothing medically dangerous but cosmetically was not really pretty. I was diagnosed as Multinodular Goiter.

Dec 2008 - Went for tonsil operation. Dr Satwant took over from Dato Dr Shah. He advised me to remove it before it become malignant. I have the history of cancer in the family. Ina had her thyroid removed much earlier and was suspected as cancer. (Luckily her cancer cell is not active).

Jan 2009 - Went to Cameron Highland and met this guy with very large growth in his neck. It something like the photo below (taken here: http://www.healthline.com/channel/goiter_images?id=gem_03_img0313) but this guy was bigger, covered all his neck area.


Feb 2009 - Went to see Dr Satwant again and set the date for the operation.

18 Mar 2009 - the big day and now I am left without the thyroid. It is a total thyroidectomy which means total thyroid was removed (both lobes and the isthmus). But Dr Satwant able to preserve the gland to produce calcium biologically.

0 comments: