Thursday, July 06, 2006

Spring Cleaning on Chinese New Year
It has been a while since I last put me entry. Long Chinese New Year &Awal Muharam break saw me doing spring cleaning. The house is almost ready, well it is 99% ready.ANother 1% is more on the minor repair and touch up here and there.
Spring cleaning on Chinese New Year ---- my chinese neighbour surely watched me in horror. It is a taboo for them to swept the floor or curse on the first day of CNY. It is like sweeping away the luck for that year. Not that I curse but Kakak and Adik really made my blood goes upstair!! Amir was not helping at all. He had exam and need to study. Anyway, I bet my neighbour said this year sure suey itu orang.
I remembered one story I read in the newspaper about sweeping the floor on CNY. She is a westerner married to a Chinese. They had been living in the State for sometimes when they finally resided in Malaysia. Her first experience celebrating CNY with her in-law was a disaster. On the first day of CNY, she vacumed the whole house. Her MIL was screaming at her. She was really upset for upsetting the MIL but the only consolation she had is that all the luck that she had swept away is still very much inside the house ---- in the vacum bag!!

0 comments: